Fanous means lamp, light or lantern in Arabic. For some Muslims this lantern is the symbol of the month of Ramadan. During this holy month, Muslims around the world are going to fast. The streets and buildings are decorated with these fanous lanterns. Get to know more about Ramadan and the Sugar Festival (Eid el Fitr) during this activity and create your own fanous lantern.
Sugar Festival (Eid el Fitr)
The Sugar Festival is an Islamic religious festival that is celebrated by the Muslim community at the end of the Ramadan.
- When: school holidays and weekends
- Time: 12.00 - 16.00 PM
- For whom: 4+ | max. 12 childeren
- Price: free activity (Excl. museum entrance)
- Reservation: is not possible | join if there is room
- More information: 088 - 0042 840 (mo to fri: 10.00 - 17.00 uur)